---
title: "Saudi Aramco resumes oil loadings in Strait of Hormuz after pause"
publication: "MediaBias News"
url: "https://mediabias.news/business/saudi-aramco-resumes-oil-loadings-in-strait-of-hormuz-after-pause"
api: "https://mediabias.news/api/v1/stories/saudi-aramco-resumes-oil-loadings-in-strait-of-hormuz-after-pause"
markdown: "https://mediabias.news/business/saudi-aramco-resumes-oil-loadings-in-strait-of-hormuz-after-pause.md"
audio: "https://mediabias.news/api/audio/saudi-aramco-resumes-oil-loadings-in-strait-of-hormuz-after-pause"
category: "Business & Economy"
area: "Middle East"
published: "2026-08-18T17:05:26.738Z"
source_reported: "2026-08-18T16:28:32.000Z"
updated: "2026-08-18T17:05:26.738Z"
trust_score: 55
critic_score: 55
hype_score: 25
assessment_type: "coverage-and-source-reporting-analysis"
fact_check_status: "not-performed"
coverage_measured: "2026-08-18T16:48:01.734Z"
---

# Saudi Aramco resumes oil loadings in Strait of Hormuz after pause

*State energy giant restarts shipments from Juaymah and Ras Tanura terminals amid regional tensions*

**Scores for the source reporting** (0-100, assessing the original journalism this article was written from, not this write-up): 

- Trust 55 of 100, higher is better. Only one outlet provided named sources and direct shipping data.
- Craft 55 of 100, higher is better. No affected parties or officials quoted in any digest.
- Hype 25 of 100, lower is better. Headlines overstate certainty with 'resumes' and 'back on board'.

Scored by MediaBias News; method at https://mediabias.news/methodology.

**The short version**

- Saudi Aramco loaded three supertankers with 2 million barrels each from terminals inside the Strait of Hormuz last week, the first shipments in three weeks.
- Six more Very Large Crude Carriers are positioned to load from Juaymah and Ras Tanura, all requiring passage through the Strait of Hormuz.
- Aramco offered heavy crude cargoes to Asian buyers via ship-to-ship transfers off Fujairah, a port outside the Strait.
- U.S. Energy Secretary Chris Wright stated 9 million barrels per day still flow through the Strait despite Iranian threats.

Saudi Aramco resumed oil loadings from its terminals inside the Strait of Hormuz last week, after a three-week pause. Three supertankers each loaded 2 million barrels of crude from the Juaymah and Ras Tanura ports, according to shipping data. Six more Very Large Crude Carriers are positioned to load from the same terminals.

The company offered heavy crude cargoes to Asian buyers on Monday, proposing ship-to-ship transfers off Fujairah, a port in the United Arab Emirates outside the Strait. Trade sources told Bloomberg News that some details of the sales were withheld for security reasons. Most prospective buyers are Chinese refiners seeking heavier grades of Saudi crude.

U.S. Energy Secretary Chris Wright said last week that nearly 9 million barrels per day continue to flow through the Strait of Hormuz despite Iranian threats. An additional 5 to 7 million barrels leave the region daily via pipelines and export facilities.

## What the coverage left out

No left-rated outlet ran this story. None of the right-rated digests or reports mentioned the volume of oil loaded, 2 million barrels per supertanker, or the number of tankers involved. The centre-rated digests also omitted these figures, as well as the U.S. Energy Secretary’s statement on daily oil flows through the Strait.

## Who covered it

Shares of the 6 covering outlets with a published leaning rating:

- Left: 0% (0)
- Centre: 67% (4)
- Right: 33% (2)

0 of 6 covering outlets carried no usable leaning rating and were excluded from those percentages. Coverage measured 2026-08-18T16:48:01.734Z.

**Coverage watch:** developing. Checked 8 times; 0 checks found a material change. Most recently checked 2026-08-18T19:00:44.100Z.

## How the sides framed it

### Left

No separate framing summary.

### Centre

- All four centre-rated digests led on Saudi Aramco resuming oil loadings from inside the Strait of Hormuz. Reuters, Market Screener, gCaptain and The Times of Israel each reported that the company had restarted shipments last week and had more tankers waiting to load. The Times of Israel added that the company was offering spot heavy crude cargoes, while noting that the world’s top oil exporter remains blocked from the Red Sea by Yemen’s Houthis.
- None of the centre-rated digests mentioned the volume of oil loaded or the number of tankers involved. The Times of Israel was the only one to reference the Red Sea route, stating that Saudi Arabia was still stymied by Houthi restrictions there.

### Right

- Breitbart’s full report led on Saudi Aramco’s resumption of oil loadings as a move that defied Iranian threats. The outlet quoted market analyst Emma Li, who said Asian customers were unhappy with the long voyages and high freight costs of alternative routes. Breitbart described Iran’s threats as "terrorist" and noted that the Houthis had "banned" Saudi Arabia from using the Bab el-Mandeb Strait.
- Breitbart also reported that Aramco offered heavy crude cargoes via ship-to-ship transfers off Fujairah, citing Bloomberg News on security concerns. The outlet added that Saudi Arabia had transferred heavy crude to the UAE in advance, ready for immediate handoff to buyers. Globo’s digest, the only other right-rated report, led on the resumption of shipments but did not mention Iranian threats or the Red Sea route.

**Provisional coverage gap:** left. The watch is not closed, so this is not yet a settled blindspot finding.

## Factuality profile of the covering outlets

These are published factuality ratings of the outlets, not a verdict on whether this story or its claims are true.

- mixed: 1
- high: 3
- unknown: 1
- veryHigh: 1

## Verification scope

This page compares coverage and scores the source reporting. It is not a ClaimReview verdict on whether the underlying event or claim is true.

## Original reporting this was written from

- [Breitbart](https://breitbart.com/middle-east/2026/08/18/report-saudi-arabia-resumes-loading-oil-in-strait-of-hormuz) — Report: Saudi Arabia Resumes Loading Oil in Strait of Hormuz
- [Globo](https://valor.globo.com/mundo/noticia/2026/08/18/arbia-saudita-volta-a-embarcar-petrleo-por-ormuz-aps-semanas-de-suspenso.ghtml) — Saudi Arabia Back on Board Oil for Ormuz After Weeks of Suspension
- [Reuters](https://reuters.com/business/energy/saudi-arabia-resumes-oil-loadings-sales-inside-strait-hormuz-2026-08-18) — Saudi Arabia resumes oil loadings, sales from inside Strait of Hormuz
- [Market Screener](https://marketscreener.com/news/saudi-arabia-resumes-oil-loadings-sales-from-inside-strait-of-hormuz-ce7859dcd189f32d) — Saudi Arabia resumes oil loadings, sales from inside Strait of Hormuz
- [gCaptain](https://gcaptain.com/saudi-arabia-resumes-oil-loadings-sales-from-inside-strait-of-hormuz) — Saudi Arabia Resumes Oil Loadings, Sales From Inside Strait of Hormuz
- [The Times of Israel](https://timesofisrael.com/saudi-aramco-resumes-commercial-oil-shipments-from-strait-of-hormuz) — Saudi Aramco resumes commercial oil shipments from Strait of Hormuz

## Questions

**How much oil did Saudi Aramco load from the Strait of Hormuz?**

Three supertankers each loaded 2 million barrels of crude from Saudi Aramco’s terminals inside the Strait of Hormuz last week. Six more Very Large Crude Carriers are positioned to load from the same ports, all requiring passage through the Strait.

**Why did Saudi Aramco resume oil loadings in the Strait of Hormuz?**

Saudi Aramco resumed loadings after a three-week pause, offering heavy crude cargoes to Asian buyers via ship-to-ship transfers off Fujairah. Market analyst Emma Li told Reuters that Asian customers were unhappy with the long voyages and high freight costs of alternative routes.

**What did the U.S. Energy Secretary say about oil flows through the Strait of Hormuz?**

U.S. Energy Secretary Chris Wright stated that nearly 9 million barrels per day continue to flow through the Strait of Hormuz despite Iranian threats. He added that an additional 5 to 7 million barrels leave the region daily via pipelines and export facilities.

---

MediaBias News — https://mediabias.news. Reproduced from https://mediabias.news/business/saudi-aramco-resumes-oil-loadings-in-strait-of-hormuz-after-pause. Please cite as: MediaBias News, "Saudi Aramco resumes oil loadings in Strait of Hormuz after pause", https://mediabias.news/business/saudi-aramco-resumes-oil-loadings-in-strait-of-hormuz-after-pause